Benefits Of Using LED Landscape Lighting In Houston
The concept of the lightbulb may conjure images of desk lamps, vanity lights, and the overhead fixtures in an office building. However, outdoor lighting also plays a pivotal role in our daily lives, illuminating everything from sidewalks to freeways, to motion-sensing fixtures outside of our garage doors. Safety demands high-quality outdoor lighting, and it is critical to the integrity of our homes and surroundings. All too often, this type of lighting looks yellor or dull and often emits an annoying hum as well. Fortunately, LED lighting offers a much better option when it comes to brightening up our lives.
Why Choose LEDS For Outside Lighting?
There is a long list of reasons why LEDs are ideal for outdoor applications. Some of these include:
- LEDs emit a bright, white light that is far more appealing to the eye than conventional street lamps. The result is greater safety in parking lots, streets, and sidewalks.
- Furthermore, LEDs have much longer lifespans than more antiquated options. Depending on how they are employed, some LEDs can last upwards of 50,000 hours, or the equivalent of 25 years of use. This means a much lower need for replacement materials and insallation labor.
- The energy efficiency offered by LEDs is yet another attractive attribute that should be noted. These lights provide greater lumens per watt, ensuring that they are much brighter than incandescent or halide competitors but still require less energy.
- Immediate light is another appealing feature of LEDs. Conventional lights can experience a delay in warming up and turning on. When such lights are used in outdoor settings where colder temperatures are present, this can be a problem. LEDs do not need a great deal of heat in order to function, so they turn on instantaneously even when the temperatures go below zero!
- LEDs are made to last. Their durability is attributable to the plastic used in their manufacture. Because they are not made of glass like conventional light bulbs, they are better at resisting breakage.
- Modern LEDs are found in an impressive array of applications due to their incredible flexibility. They are seen in street lights, security sensor lights, wall-mounted options, and a great deal more.
- It will not be long before growing number of municipalities turn to LEDs for their streetlights and security set-ups. Though these lights remain more costly than conventional options, the energy savings make up the initial difference over a period of three to five years, on average. The increased safety and security are added bonuses.
Contact Robert Huff Landscape Illumination For Your Outdoor LED Needs
With more than three decades of experience serving the Houston and Austin, Texas areas, Robert Huff Landscape Illumination stands ready to assist with your outdoor LED needs. Our team is fully insured and licensed and our professionals are prepared to provide the custom commercial or residential design and installation services you deserve. We are committed to delivering a cost-effective, visually appealing lighting system that suits your unique goals and objectives. Contact us or call us today to learn more about the amazing possibilities.