Easily Sidestepped Commercial Landscape Lighting Errors
Some of the more commonly committed mistakes in the realm of commercial landscape lighting include the generation of light pollution, using low-efficiency bulbs and utilizing too many fixtures that are the same as one another. The fact is that landscape lighting in the commercial arena is essential to keep safe your business, the property surrounding it, your employees and your customer base.
Typical Mistakes in Commercial Landscape Lighting Design
1. Failure To Use LED Bulb Products
The ways in which LED fixtures can produce real savings of time and money are numerous. First, they last far longer than conventional bulbs, resulting in a much less frequent need for replacement. LEDs are able to last upwards of 11 years, even if they run around the clock, and up to 22 years if they are operated only half the time. Light is emitted from LED fixtures in a different manner than from conventional bulbs. Rather than burning completely out, these bulbs begin to slow their output of light until eventually, they are noticeably dim. Bulbs of this type use far lower amounts of electricity, and therefore the utility bills that result tend to be much cheaper on a monthly basis. You also could consider hiring professionals to do the work for you. Check out Robert Huff commercial landscape lighting projects we have completed. we have completed.
Some key positives of LED commercial landscape lighting fixtures are:
- Energy efficiency and environmental friendliness as compared to traditional lighting. Ability to stand up to harsh weather conditions and other stresses
- Zero emission of UV rays and emission of almost no infrared light, rendering LEDs perfect for use in areas containing items that are heat and radiation-sensitive, such as food, art, and other delicate products
- Capacity to run on lower voltage supplies of power
- Brightness is achieved instantly with LED lights, and the fixtures can be turned off and on with great frequency without damage
- Able to work even when placed in extreme temperatures
- External reflectors are unnecessary, as LED design helps concentrate light on specific spots
2. The Scourge Of Lighting Pollution
All lighting fixtures are meant to produce enhanced visibility for workers, visitors, customers and the like. When there is too much light for a given space or the existing light is poorly placed, visibility can actually be hampered. Therefore, it is essential that the appropriate sorts of lighting in the proper voltage amounts are installed so that lighting pollution, unpleasant glare, and other problems can be avoided. Check out the best commercial outdoor lighting company in Houston.
3. Utilization Of One Kind Of Lighting Fixture Only
The lighting fixtures used ought to blend seamlessly together in order to create a cohesive whole. It is important to make sure that the fixtures do not all look exactly the same, however. This would lead to a boring overall effect. Add a bit of visual interest and design appeal by choosing a carefully curated mix of fixtures. An added benefit of such a strategy is to create nuances of light levels which will be easier on the eye.
4. Excessive Of Intrusive Lighting
It is critical that outdoor light fixtures provide sufficient illumination for the tasks at hand, but they must not overpower the surroundings. There really are times when a lighter hand is needed in terms of lighting. Drawing attention to key visual elements, such as business signage, is a vital priority, as is highlighting sidewalks and stairs to provide additional safety measures.
5. Failing To Use Adequate Lighting
While excessive lighting is a problem, so is insufficient lighting. If lighting is too low to do what is required, there really is no point to having it at all. The key is to strike the right balance with the help of one of the most reputable Houston lighting companies.