All You Need To Know About Landscape Lighting In Houston
When it comes to enjoying your landscape, you surely want to be able to enjoy it in the day and night. By using landscape lighting, you’ll be able to highlight the architecture of your home as well as your beautiful landscaping such as your flower beds, manicured trees, etc. Landscape lighting will give you the ability to turn your outdoors into an oasis, both in the day and night.
Keeps You Safe
By having a properly lit home and outdoors, your home will definitely be less of a target to criminals. This is because a well-lit property won’t offer enough dark areas and hiding spots for them to hide. When you use lighting to highlight your entrance, windows, doors, etc, it is very challenging for a burglar to enter completely unnoticed. Additionally, by having the exterior of your home well lit which includes the pathways, steps, drops, etc, this will make it much safer for you and visitors.
Features You Should Light
Now, you may be wondering, exactly which outdoor features should you light up and which ones to ignore? Well, you should use light to highlight the features that you want to bring focus to and show off. Lighting can be used to add a great deal of drama and it can make certain areas stand out in the night that doesn’t stand out in the day. For example, something as simple as a stone wall can take on an entirely different look in the night with the right lighting. Additionally, you should use light in a functional manner such as lighting pathways, stairways, etc. This will make using these areas in the night much easier as well as prevent any injury. Some of the features you can potentially apply lighting to include:
- ponds, swimming pools, and other water features
- stone walls
- accent columns and other architectural details
- stairs and pathways
Landscaping Light Types
There are different types of fixtures that you can use when it comes to landscape lighting. Some of these lights include:
- Bullet: these are bulbs that give off a bullet type or very narrow beam. This is great for lighting specific things such as a tree trunk or house feature
- Garden: these lights are great for use along pathways or even to highlight planting beds
- Well: this type of light is actually buried where the light is encased before it is buried. As a result, you would only see the light emanating from the ground but you wouldn’t see the case. This type of light is great for highlight plants.
- Flood: floodlights essentially flood a particular area with light and are great for tall trees or even to show off the architecture of your home such as your columns.
- Wash: this is a soft light that is great for garden walls, privacy areas, etc.
- Downlight: these lights are great to use on the branches of trees so that they can highlight the lawn, pathway, or even the foliage of the tree.